I read somewhere that only 8% of those who make New Years Resolutions are successful at achieving them. So why make a resolution? Every year I make resolutions. Do I keep them all? Nope! Do I keep some of them? Absolutely! Continuing to work towards good health, good relationships, making our world and making our family life better are good things. If I’m not successful at reaching my goals, at least I tried and made I improvements for awhile. Starting a New Year is a reminder for me to get back up, dust my pants off, “forgive myself”, try to find something else that might work to reach my goal and try again. I believe I (and my family) lose out when I quit trying. Here are my goals this year.
- Walking 7000 steps 5 times a week
- Drinking 64 ounces of water a day
- Throwing away 10 things every day until all of my clutter is gone (more is better, but at least 10)
- Declutter, organize and deep clean our home. (Using Spring Cleaning 365)
- Menu Planning each and every week (healthier meals, less stress, less money, win-win-win!)
- Going on a date 2 X per month with just my husband.
- Participate in 1 quality time activity with each member of my family every week.
- Making monthly, weekly and daily lists to keep me focussed on my goals.
- Read and write daily
- Get to bed on time and get up on time at least 5 X weekly.
What are your goals for this new year, or week or day?