“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord“ Luke 2:11.
Christmas is almost here, the time when we celebrate the birth of Christ. Merry Christmas!
As we prepare to celebrate and send out greetings, we wanted to take this opportunity to update you on events in our lives. We’d love to hear what’s new in yours. Our prayer is that this year finds you and your family healthy and happy and that the new year brings great things for you and yours.
Robert is 16 and in his Junior year of High School. Time is just flying by. He continues to play with the Sound of the Braves (High School Band). He switched from trumpet to melophone this year. They have done very well and were able to compete at the state level. We are very proud of the progress they have made. Way to go Braves!
- Catelyn is 12 and in 7th grade. Our baby is no longer a little girl and she’s showing all the signs of becoming a teenager. UGH! She continues to take classes with Florida Virtual School. This year she decided to take a break from dancing and try some new adventures. She has taken up gymnastics and piano. Within a couple of months she has progressed to the intermediate level in her gymnastics. She had her first piano recital on November 24, 2013 and played wonderfully.
- Bob and Carolyn celebrated 18 years of marriage this year. Bob continues to work with Lockheed Martin and Carolyn has many jobs. She works as a chaufer, chef, house keeper, school teacher, counselor and nurse. (She is a homemaker.)
- Whiskers and Paws continue to brighten our days with their antics and love.
- Catelyn is a Grandma. She wanted to be related to her friend across the street so they each got a guppy and the guppies did their thing and produced 6 baby guppies. She is now “in-laws” with her best friend.
Best of 2013 (Top 10)
- Travelled to Alaska and had some quality family time with our cousins there.
- Visited First Beach in Washington State. (Didn’t see any vampires or werewolves but did see some beautiful scenery)
- Viewed Denali on a clear day.
- Saw lots of wildlife. (Lynx, Fox, Moose, Grizzly, Carribou, Dall Sheep, Whales, Eagles, and Sea Lions)
- Hiking in Alaska and Washington State
- Mild water rafting in Alaska
- Cruised from Whittier, Alaska to Vancouver, Canada
- Saw many beautiful glaciers and even had the opportunity to walk onto one
- Rode the Alaskan Train from Fairbanks, AK to Denali, AK and then on to Anchorage, AK (Beautiful countryside)
- Ate lots of yummy Alaskan foods like salmon and blueberry cobbler. (Yum)